Mac Tel Type 1
Mac Tel type 1 was previously termed 'parafoveal telangiectasia'
- RG LSM 17
- about half of patients are borderline diabetic or have high blood pressure.
- Role of intravitreal bevacizumab in adult onset Coats' disease.
- Thirty-month follow-up after intravitreal bevacizumab in progressive idiopathic macular telangiectasia type 2 Long term GACEO13
- Bevacizumab for the treatment of pediatric retinal and choroidal diseases.
- autofluorescence Retina 14
- there are various sub-types of Mac Tel type 1, essentially degrees of severity:
- I lipid, small amounts
- II lipid without exudates: metamorphopsia
- VEGF Retina17
Mac Tel Type 2
These is a type of retinal degeneration with loss of Mueller cells "abnormal vessels, pigment plaques, retinal crystals, foveal atrophy and intraretinal cavities associated with this disorder." Wikipedia photos. Vision Retina17
Leakage and CNV (a type of wet macular degeneration) may develop. Surv 13
OCT scans...2 scans throught the same eye, showing oedema in the foveal area. HbA1c was 5.9%. There has been no change over a year. Good vision (6/9). Other eye not affected. Enlarge Cavitation shown here (and ILM drape not shown) are features
Mac Tel Type III