Case 21 Adult Bests
Previously termed 'Adult onset foveomacular vitelliform dystrophy'
- 1951 date of birth, no symptoms, referred by optometrist
- Right visual acuity 6/9, left 6/7.5
- see more details about this condition
- PED= pigment epithelial detachment
- Adult Bests was previously called 'Adult onset foveomacular vitelliform dystrophy'
The right eye shows a white spot in the middle...this is a 'drusenoid PED', part of the condtion. Adult Bests usually occurs in both eyes, but here the left eye is unaffected for some reason. The condition is nearly always bilateral, but at this stage the left fovea looks healthy.